Auckland, New Zealand
July 30, 2021
Roam Digital is a full-service digital consultancy established in 2013. We design and develop award-winning digital products and offerings for enterprise clients across New Zealand, USA, Australia and Europe.
Across every engagement, our focus is on providing high-quality solutions to facilitate success and growth for our clients. This emphasis on excellence is reflected in our culture, which is performance-driven and encourages collective learning and professional development. We strive to have the right leadership in place to support and mentor individual contributors throughout the organisation, at every level of seniority.
Roam is growing and developing more products than ever and it's time to get reinforcements. We're looking for a talented Cloud/DevOps Engineer to join the crew. This is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door in a well-established, innovative environment.
Your new job
- Supporting our dev teams to deliver new code to production
- Building and maintaining infrastructure tooling (e.g. automated AWS environment setup)
- Assisting with the overall architecture and infrastructure around availability, scalability, monitoring, security, performance, etc.
- Building and managing deployment and CI pipelines
- Managing access & permissions to databases, backend services, etc.
What you know
- Scripting experience - Python, Shell, Node, etc
- Hands-on experience with some of the following: AWS EC2, S3, VPC, Auto-Scaling, Cloud Watch or experience in other cloud hosting providers (Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience supporting Linux servers
- An understanding of NoSQL data stores
- An understanding of relational data stores such as PostgreSQL, MySQL or similar
- Exposure to in-memory data stores such as Redis or memcached
Bonus points if you've done anything with:
- Source control tools such as Git
- CI and build tools (e.g. CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Deployment automation frameworks such as Ansible or Salt
- Containerisation using Docker
WHO YOU ARE__
- You can talk to people. You'll get to know our devs reeeeal quick
- Excited about new technologies, you seek them out, you yearn to know more
- You know that cutting corners isn't cutting edge
- You take initiative
- You're process-driven and enjoy wearing multiple hats with enthusiasm
- You love solving problems
- We'll train you further with a range of great projects and exposure to a variety of different tech under the expert guidance of our DevSecOps team
- Awesome, handy location - only 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland
- Birthday leave and a bustling social calendar with plenty of fun events to be a part of
- Flexible working options to suit you
- Great exposure to the tech scene working with top talent in NZ - web devs, mobile devs, designers, testers, product managers - so much to see, so much to learn!
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and collaborative people. A combo that is hard to find and we have 100+ of them
- Collective learning culture, with loads of support at hand and structured development plans - we will help you grow
- Training budgets allocated for each of our departments which means we can help upskill you
- Secondment and travel opportunities to our global offices including Singapore and Sydney
- Remote working options available, just let us know if this sounds like you!
- Roam is an NZ and Australian Accredited employer