People & Culture Advisor
July 15, 2021
Roam Digital is a full-service digital consultancy established in 2013. We design and develop award-winning digital products and offerings for enterprise clients across New Zealand, USA, Australia and Europe.
Across every engagement, our focus is on providing high-quality solutions to facilitate success and growth for our clients. This emphasis on excellence is reflected in our culture, which is performance-driven and encourages collective learning and professional development. We strive to have the right leadership in place to support and mentor individual contributors throughout the organisation, at every level of seniority.
The core mission of our People & Culture team is to lead and build the support functions needed to enable Roam to scale successfully. From recruiting and onboarding, to ongoing training, culture-building, and human resources. This role will partner closely with the Roam leadership team to develop and implement our People and Culture strategic initiatives.
Your new job
We have an awesome opportunity for a People and Culture Advisor to work alongside our Head of People & Culture and the wider team to strengthen and provide support across our offices as a trusted advisor and business partner at Roam.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Own the HR lifecycle across our offices, including managing employment relations, benefits and remuneration banding.
- Review and implement programs across recruiting, onboarding, ongoing training, feedback and culture-building to reinforce our values and vision at Roam.
- Coaching and influencing Roam leaders and managers to maintain our culture of collaborative learning and development.
- Support the implementation and communication of organisational change and wider people initiatives.
- Constantly look at ways to improve value for the business and our people.
- Assist with recruitment duties for our Sydney branch including sourcing candidates and coordinating interviews.
What you know
- 3+ years of experience in People & Culture or HR Advisor roles.
- Experience in an IT, software or design consulting environment is beneficial.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, with the ability to lead and adapt in a changing business environment.
- Exceptional communication & collaboration skills, particularly with people who have different skill sets and are from different areas of the business.
Who you are:
- You love working with people and believe in contributing to a high performing, collaborative culture and team.
- You walk and talk the Roam values everyday: Empathy, Curiosity, Passion, Excellence, Humility.
- You are passionate about coaching, guiding and influencing senior leaders on people and culture initiatives.
- You have a good sense of humour and can laugh at yourself.
- You're a natural at building trusting relationships with the team.
- You are a self-starter with a dynamic, entrepreneurial spirit who is keen and willing to learn and get ‘stuck in.’
- You are passionate about our industry and the world of digital technology and amazing customer experiences.
- Birthday leave and regular team social events.
- Flexible working options.
- Great exposure to the tech scene working with top talent in NZ and Australia - web devs, mobile devs, designers, testers, product managers - so much to see, so much to learn!
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and collaborative people. A combo that is hard to find and we have 100+ of them.
- Collective learning culture with loads of growth opportunities in place, we will train you further!
- Secondment and travel opportunities to our other offices including Singapore and Sydney.