Senior Frontend/Fullstack Developer
Auckland, New Zealand
July 15, 2021
Roam Digital is a full-service digital consultancy established in 2013. We design and develop award-winning digital products and offerings for enterprise clients across New Zealand, USA, Australia and Europe.
Across every engagement, our focus is on providing high-quality solutions to facilitate success and growth for our clients. This emphasis on excellence is reflected in our culture, which is performance-driven and encourages collective learning and professional development. We strive to have the right leadership in place to support and mentor individual contributors throughout the organisation, at every level of seniority.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend/Fullstack Developer (some backend development) who's been around the block and seen it all in a variety of industries. From startup to enterprise-scale projects, you’ve been there, done that. You’re a tinkerer, troubleshooter, problem-solver and sleeve-roller-upper combining technical mastery, solution design, stakeholder management and team mentoring all in one.
Your new job
- You’ll be hands-on as the Senior Frontend/Fullstack developer in one or more of our high-stake client projects
- Opportunity to take on Tech lead duties like mentoring the team, review code and lead projects
- Owning the product from start to finish, working closely with the PM on technical decisions and planning
- Building trust with the client and translating their business needs into viable business solutions
- Pushing the boundaries of the spec and blowing our clients away with innovative solution design
- Security - you know how to poke holes in systems and how to patch them
- Removing road blocks, finding workarounds and pushing the team to pursue excellence in everything we do
What you know
- Great experiences are made of stunning interfaces & clever code
- You know first-hand how to craft a complete solution from start to finish, including every single component of the solution
- Frontend development is your jam, but you’ve done more than just dabble in backend and mobile too
- Experience with Vue, Node.js and GraphQL
- Know SQL? or NoSQL? We’re not prejudiced; we love databases that work for the solution
- CI/CD experience with AWS or other cloud platform providers
- Resumes at the top of the stack include existing sites, web apps or GitHub repos
WHO YOU ARE
- You live and breathe the qualities of an Exceptional Roamer - you’re curious, passionate, honest, empathetic and pursue excellence everyday
- You’re pragmatic and don’t over-engineer solutions
- You take ownership of the product from the beginning to the very end
- You take the lead and naturally inspire and motivate your team mates
- You’re proactive and take initiative at every opportunity
- You understand the importance design plays in building successful products
- Awesome, handy location - only 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland.
- Birthday leave and a bustling social calendar with plenty of fun events to be a part of.
- Flexible working options to suit you.
- Great exposure to the tech scene working with top talent in NZ - web devs, mobile devs, designers, testers, product managers - so much to see, so much to learn!
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and collaborative people. A combo that is hard to find and we have 100+ of them.
- Collective learning culture, with loads of support at hand and structured development plans - we will help you grow.
- Secondment and travel opportunities to our global offices including Singapore and Sydney.