Auckland, New Zealand
June 08, 2021
Roam Digital is a full-service digital consultancy established in 2013. We design and develop award-winning digital products and offerings for enterprise clients across New Zealand, USA, Australia and Europe.
Across every engagement, our focus is on providing high-quality solutions to facilitate success and growth for our clients. This emphasis on excellence is reflected in our culture, which is performance-driven and encourages collective learning and professional development. We strive to have the right leadership in place to support and mentor individual contributors throughout the organisation, at every level of seniority.
The core mission of our People & Culture team is to lead and build the support functions needed to enable Roam to scale successfully. From recruiting and onboarding, to ongoing training, culture-building, and human resources. This role will partner closely with the Roam leadership team to develop and implement our People and Culture strategic initiatives.
Your new job
We have an awesome opportunity for an HR Advisor to work alongside our Head of People & Culture and the wider team to strengthen and provide support across our offices as a trusted advisor and business partner at Roam.
This role as part of our ‘people function’ also has a key focus on ensuring our HR capabilities and strategies align with the company’s business objectives and to help support our leaders and managers with people initiatives across their teams to improve engagement, performance and learning.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Own the HR lifecycle across Australia and New Zealand, including managing employment relations, benefits and remuneration banding.
- Review and implement programs across recruiting, onboarding, ongoing training, feedback and culture-building to reinforce our values and vision at Roam.
- Coaching and influencing Roam leaders and managers to maintain our culture of collaborative learning and development.
- Support the implementation and communication of organisational change and wider people initiatives.
- Constantly look at ways to improve value for the business and our people.
What you know
- 5+ years of experience in People & Culture or HR Advisor roles.
- Experience in an IT, software or design consulting environment is beneficial.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, with the ability to lead and adapt in a changing business environment.
- Experience working in diverse teams (different locations, employees/contractors/agencies/ levels of experience, etc.)
- Exceptional communication & collaboration skills, particularly with people who have different skill sets and are from different areas of the business.
Who you are
- You love working with people and believe in contributing to a high performing, collaborative culture and team.
- You walk and talk the Roam values everyday: Empathy, Curiosity, Passion, Excellence, Humility.
- You have strong skills in business process improvement and change, and a desire to take these skills to the next level.
- You have the ability to drive and lead projects end to end whilst always keeping our people and values in mind.
- You are passionate about coaching, guiding and influencing senior leaders on all things ‘people.’
- You have a good sense of humour and can laugh at yourself.
- You're a natural at building trusting relationships with the team.
- You are a self-starter with a dynamic, entrepreneurial spirit who is keen and willing to learn and get ‘stuck in.’
- You have a positive, infectious energy and attitude.
- You are passionate about our industry and the world of digital technology and amazing customer experiences.
- Awesome location - 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland.
- Birthday leave and regular team social events.
- Flexible working options.
- Great exposure to the tech scene working with top talent in NZ - web devs, mobile devs, designers, testers, product managers - so much to see, so much to learn!
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and collaborative people. A combo that is hard to find and we have 100+ of them.
- Collective learning culture with loads of growth opportunities in place.