Intermediate Frontend Engineer
August 03, 2022
Roam Digital is a full-service digital consultancy established in 2013. We design and develop award-winning digital products and offerings for enterprise clients across New Zealand, USA, Australia and Europe.
We are a diverse team of skilled, passionate and creative people working to solve unique problems for our clients.
Across every engagement, our focus is on providing high-quality solutions to facilitate success and growth for our clients. This emphasis on excellence is reflected in our culture, which is performance-driven and encourages collective learning and professional development, underpinned by diversity.
We are proud of the diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities and ways of thinking represented by our Roamers, and believe it’s a key ingredient in creating the best digital experiences.
We are looking for an Intermediate Frontend Engineer to join our growing team of developers at our Surry Hills Studio in Sydney to support our wide range of clients.
Your new job
- Highly engage in collaboration with our product, design and engineering teams to create unique & bespoke digital products
- Building efficient, inclusive and reusable front-end web applications with a focus on an exceptional client-side experience
- Participating in code and design reviews
- Problem-solving through iteration and frequent collaboration
- Integrate and interact with backend systems
What you know
- Experience developing modern web applications with HTML, CSS and JS
- Ability to write clean, reusable code for UI components
- Understanding of how to build performant, decoupled and maintainable code
- You know that the best products are a combination of design, code and a dash of love
- You’re both a keen learner and mentor with open sharing of knowledge
- You’re passionate about adaptability, collaboration, objective, great attitude and excellent communication at all levels
- We focus heavily on React and TS, and new code is written with ES6+ features, so familiarity with some or all of these is helpful
- Experience with writing unit, integration or E2E tests
- Being able to audit, test and code a web app with accessibility requirements in mind
- Experience with Node.js and GraphQL
- You can provide us with links to existing web apps, sites, or GitHub repos so you can show us your personal projects or work
- Brand new office space in Surry Hills, Sydney
- Birthday leave and flexible working options to suit you
- Great exposure to the tech scene, working with top talent in NZ, AUS and SG!
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and collaborative people. A combo that is hard to find and we have 100+ of them
- Collective learning culture, with loads of support and structured development plans - we will help you grow!
- Secondment and travel opportunities to our global offices including Singapore and NZ
- Roam is an accredited employer in NZ and AUS
- 4.6/5 star rating on Glassdoor!
Roamers come from all walks of life, we celebrate each other’s individuality. If you have preferred pronouns, please share at any stage of the recruitment process. Your values, skills and enthusiasm for great design & technology are what we look at to guide our hiring decisions