Senior Delivery Manager
July 22, 2022
We are looking for an experienced Delivery Manager, ideally with experience in the digital consulting space, to join the Roam team in Sydney!
- Flexible work hours and remote working options
- Very exciting client projects to expand your experience
- Huge growth and development opportunities to progress your professional career
Roam Digital is a full-service digital consultancy. We design, build and grow successful digital products and services that millions of people all over the globe love to use.
With 14 offices across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and the United States, we’ve become the go-to partner for some of the world’s best brands — including eBay, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Vodafone, Disney+ and humm group, among many others.
Across every engagement, our focus is on providing high-quality solutions to facilitate success and growth for our clients. This emphasis on excellence is reflected in our culture, which is performance-driven and encourages collective learning and professional development, underpinned by diversity. We are proud of the diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities and ways of thinking represented by our Roamers, and believe it’s a key ingredient in creating the best digital experiences.
Your new job
- Agile delivery management across teams of digital designers, developers, technical architects and testers
- Learn from senior delivery experts within the Delivery Leadership team
- Management and mentorship of 2 budding delivery managers hungry to learn and develop
- Nurturing relationships and working closely with our clients
- Sprint planning, estimation, feature tracking, reporting and keeping us all in sync
- Understanding the product, writing and tracking Jira tickets, removing impediments
- Working on projects for Australia, global companies and our very own products
- Responsible for all aspects of the project over the entire project life cycle with emphasis on effective management of project scope, schedule, financials, quality, and communications.
- Play a critical role in managing stakeholders from the project level to the executive management level, through regular project meetings and steering committee meetings.
- Help your squads formulate high-quality OKRs, then track and reach them
- Managing end-to-end delivery across the various work streams of the team Coach and mentor your squads on Roam’s ways of working and adopt a continuous improvement mindset.
What you know
- How to apply Lean and agile methodologies, Scrum, and design thinking to real delivery
- Stakeholder management is your jam
- Experience managing and mentoring junior-intermediate delivery managers
- Have sound knowledge of software development and why it is complex
- Agile is not a religion, and it’s not just about the ceremonies
- Good knowledge of project management methodology, tools and templates (includes project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management).
- Developers make the world go round. You'll make sure it sticks to schedule
- Jira, Slack, Trello, Miro and release plans!!! Excited!!!
- Love what you do. Don't just 'work'
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills with a proven ability to motivate, negotiate and resolve disputes with stakeholders and teams.
- Excellent stakeholder management, with a strong ability to influence.
- You love working with people and believe in the power of empowered product teams
- You have a pragmatic approach to preaching agile methodologies
- You know how IT projects work - and you love making them work for your clients
- You're someone who has a notebook and a pencil handy. All the time.
- You understand the challenges our clients go through to move from a project to an outcome oriented product mindset, and you’re willing to help them with it
- You're a natural at building trusting relationships in the team and with your clients
- You're obsessive about timing and schedules. You had a lot of wall calendars growing up. Lots of stars too. Gold ones.
- You love collaborating with others to create magic
- You have a good sense of humour and can laugh at yourself
- You walk and talk the Roam values everyday: Empathy, Curiosity, Passion, - - Excellence, Humility
- Able to manage multiple concurrent work streams.
- Ability to declutter complex problems into manageable chunks
- Brand new office space in Surry Hills
- Flexible working, work anywhere in the world remote
- Great exposure to the tech scene, working with top talent in NZ and AUS - web devs, mobile devs, designers, testers, product managers - so much to see, so much to learn!
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and collaborative people. A combo that is hard to find and we have 800+ of them
- Collective learning culture, with loads of support and structured development plans - we will help you grow!
- Secondment and travel opportunities to our global offices including - - - Singapore and NZ
- Leadership training programs
- Wellbeing and mindfulness workshops
- Mentorship and guidance from senior delivery experts