Java Tech Lead
Auckland, New Zealand
September 07, 2022
Roam Digital is a full-service digital consultancy established in 2013. We design and develop award-winning digital products and offerings for enterprise clients across New Zealand, USA, Australia and Europe.
We are a diverse team of skilled, passionate and creative people working to solve unique problems for our clients. In late 2021, we were acquired by projekt202, which has given us the backing of an established global company with the stability to provide more opportunities than ever before.
Across every engagement, our focus is on providing high-quality solutions to facilitate success and growth for our clients. This emphasis on excellence is reflected in our culture, which is performance-driven and encourages collective learning and professional development, underpinned by diversity. We are proud of the diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities and ways of thinking represented by our Roamers, and believe it’s a key ingredient in creating the best digital experiences.
Your new job
- We are looking for a Java Tech Lead with a passion for knowledge sharing and education around all things Java
- You’ll be a specialist in java technology and take a lead role in software development projects
- You will bring a consultative approach to client conversations and be able to see the bigger picture beyond the detail
- Collaborate with our world-class product and design teams to discover where software is needed and what the best approaches to a problem might be
- You’ll have the opportunity to work across many industries such as financial services, video games, healthcare, startups and environmental sciences
What you know
- You are a Senior Java Developer with experience across a range of different industries
- You have a good foundation in system design, integration and API development at enterprise scale
- You have hands-on experience building applications for cloud infrastructure and containerisation. Our clients use many different cloud providers and experience in any provider would be great
- You understand the role design plays in successful products and enjoy collaborating with designers
- You get the best outcomes when you collaborate with others
- You are an enthusiastic teacher/mentor and enjoy leading the way for our junior devs
- You have curiosity! You know the importance of “why?” and getting to the root cause of a problem
- You care about quality and you understand the impact of quality on a software product
- You have had good exposure to spring and spring boot plus automating builds, CI/CD, testing & scripting
- Awesome, handy location - only 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland
- LinkedIn learning access for continued growth and development
- Birthday leave and flexible working options to suit you
- Great exposure to the tech scene, working with top talent in NZ and AUS - web devs, mobile devs, designers, testers, product managers
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and collaborative people. A combo that is hard to find!
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Secondment and travel opportunities to our offices in Aus, Singapore and the USA
- 4.5/5 star company rating on Glassdoor!