Senior People & Culture Partner
Auckland, New Zealand
September 22, 2021
Roam Digital is a full-service digital consultancy established in 2013. We design and develop award-winning digital products and offerings for enterprise clients across New Zealand, USA, Australia and Europe.
Across every engagement, our focus is on providing high-quality solutions to facilitate success and growth for our clients. This emphasis on excellence is reflected in our culture, which is performance-driven and encourages collective learning and professional development. We strive to have the right leadership in place to support and mentor individual contributors throughout the organisation, at every level of seniority.
The core mission of our Senior People & Culture Partner is to strengthen and provide support across our offices as a trusted advisor and business partner at Roam. We are looking for someone with the capability to enable Roam to scale successfully through developing and driving HR support functions and implementing key strategic, culture initiatives.
Roam is currently a headcount of 140+ Roamers across offices in Auckland, Wellington, Sydney and Singapore. With a high level of growth forecasted company wide, our People and Culture function will be the core of our company wide success. Joining an established team of 5 within the People and Culture team, this role will be based in our HQ office of Auckland and be a pivotal part of the innovation and growth of the P&C/HR initiatives and processes of the Roam Consultancy globally.
Your new job
- Manage our People & CultureOps function that serves as an advisor and partner to leaders throughout the organisation that can support our rapid growth with the expertise and empathy needed throughout hyper-growth.
- Make our vision around what it means to work at Roam happen across all our employee touch-points and rally the team around that vision.
- Build and implement programs across the HR and culture functions to reinforce our values and vision at Roam.
- Collect business and people data through user research, design thinking and customer experience methods to inform initiatives and decisions.
- Manage human resources needs across the organisation in partnership with Finance and the Operations team.
- Coaching and influencing Roam leaders and managers to maintain our culture of collaborative learning and development.
- Utilise our current People & Culture and HR tools including Bamboo HR, Progression & Bonusly looking for ways to optimise and integrate the technology with the P&C team and wider organisation.
What you know
- 8+ years of experience in People or Customer Experience Leadership roles
- Consulting, design thinking, software development and/or CX experience is a plus
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, with the ability to lead and adapt in a changing business environment
- Experience recruiting and managing people, including diverse teams (different locations, employees/contractors/agencies/ levels of experience, etc.)
- Exceptional communication & collaboration skills, particularly with people who have different skill sets and are from different areas of the business
- Ability to partner and collaborate with Roam leaders and employees to achieve long and short term company wide objectives
Who you are
- You live and breathe the qualities of an Exceptional Roamer - you’re curious, passionate, honest, humble, empathetic and pursue excellence everyday
- You’re pragmatic, logical, measured and can solve any problem that gets thrown at you in a way that gets others excited to help
- You are a strong, positive, optimistic leader with a resilient attitude, and have experience making things happen in fast growing companies
- Continuous optimiser - you’re always looking for ways to make things better, faster, more efficient
- Flexible and excited to work on whatever will drive the most impactful and immediate results against what the company currently needs
- Get sh*t done attitude, tenacious and willing to do whatever it takes to deliver better experiences
- Relentless focus on results
- Willing to tackle the big and the small
- You understand the importance of design and technology on improving peoples’ lives
- Awesome, handy location in a beautiful workspace 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland
- Birthday Leave, monthly company BBQs, an active social club, bustling lunch room & more
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and humble people. A combo that is hard to find and we have over 100 of them!
- Great exposure to the tech scene working with top talent in NZ - web devs, mobile devs, designers, testers, product managers - so much to see, so much to learn
- Secondment and travel opportunities to our global offices including Singapore and Sydney
- Rewards and recognition programmes to promote internal success across the business
- Be part of a growing & progressive consultancy with people and culture at the heart of their decisions and success.
- Huge growth and development opportunities, we will help you achieve your goals!