Head of Delivery
Auckland, New Zealand
August 25, 2021
Roam Digital is a full-service digital consultancy established in 2013. We design and develop award-winning digital products and offerings for enterprise clients across New Zealand, USA, Australia and Europe.
Across every engagement, our focus is on providing high-quality solutions to facilitate success and growth for our clients. This emphasis on excellence is reflected in our culture, which is performance-driven and encourages collective learning and professional development. We strive to have the right leadership in place to support and mentor individual contributors throughout the organisation, at every level of seniority.
We are looking for an effective Head of Delivery leader with experience managing delivery teams for high impact results. The Head of Delivery will drive Roam’s Delivery best practices, processes, frameworks and tools together with our delivery managers to maintain the quality delivery of our innovative solutions.
Your new job
We’re at a really exciting point in our growth and you’ll be a key part of this journey, leading our delivery capability across the company. Building on our well-established delivery practises at Roam, you’ll bring with you solid experience of leading teams and product squads, to take our capability to the next level and helping to define and embed consistency in our delivery approach.
- Continuously improve our delivery management frameworks, tools and best practises, and facilitate the knowledge sharing across the chapter, to enable us to scale and grow.
- While remaining an expert in the field, this is a full time leadership role with 8-20 reports (delivery managers and first level people managers).
- Drive career development and skills assessments, 1-1s, and performance reviews with individual contributors and managers; and lead your team to be effective in their role and their careers.
- Manage the expectations of stakeholders and maintain good relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Lead others in looking for ways to better serve business and customer needs.
- Set direction, motivate, and share clear feedback, keeping teams engaged and on-track.
What you know
- Commercial and financial acumen, and strong analytical skills to accurately interpret delivery metrics and reporting.
- Demonstrable success of establishing delivery frameworks and leading agile delivery squads.
- Commercial experience working in agile squads, with proven track record of leading teams and projects to successful outcomes.
- Developed and successfully deployed delivery approaches and frameworks.
- Have a deep understanding of a wide range of agile methodologies, proactively staying informed with industry trends. Advises clients and teams when to apply which methodologies at different delivery lifecycle stages and situations.
- Able to translate business outcomes into service-based outcomes through connecting people and building trusted and collaborative partnerships.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management, as well as the other core tenets of robust delivery management.
- Proven track record of proactive problem solving.
WHO YOU ARE
- You love working with people and believe in the power of empowered delivery teams.
- You have a pragmatic approach to practising agile methodologies.
- You can expertly get into the detail while keeping your eyes on the horizon.
- You’ve earned your stripes in delivery, and have the experiences and stories to share and help us enhance our existing practices.
- You’re well-practiced at managing the needs of the client, the business and your team, and can show strong leadership experience.
- You understand the challenges our clients go through to move from traditional delivery methodologies to adopting a fully agile approach, and you’re willing to help them with it.
- You're a natural at building trusting relationships in the team and with your clients.
- You're obsessive about timing and schedules. You had a lot of wall calendars growing up. Lots of stars too. Gold ones.
- You love collaborating with others to create magic
- You have a good sense of humour and can laugh at yourself
- Love what you do. Don't just 'work'
- You walk and talk the Roam values everyday: Empathy, Curiosity, Passion, Excellence, Humility
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and collaborative people. A combo that is hard to find and we have 100+ of them.
- Collective learning culture, with loads of support at hand and structured development plans, and training budgets allocated for each of our departments.
- Awesome, handy location - only 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland.
- Flexible working options to suit you
- Birthday leave and a bustling social calendar with plenty of fun events to enjoy
- Secondment and travel opportunities to our global studios including Singapore and Sydney
- Great exposure to the tech scene working with top talent in NZ - web devs, mobile devs, designers, testers, product managers - so much to see, so much to learn!
- Roam is an NZ and Australian Accredited employer