Talent Manager (Digital)
Auckland, New Zealand
September 23, 2021
Roam Digital is a full-service digital consultancy established in 2013. We design and develop award-winning digital products and offerings for enterprise clients across New Zealand, USA, Australia and Europe.
Across every engagement, our focus is on providing high-quality solutions to facilitate success and growth for our clients. This emphasis on excellence is reflected in our culture, which is performance-driven and encourages collective learning and professional development. We strive to have the right leadership in place to support and mentor individual contributors throughout the organisation, at every level of seniority.
We are based in Auckland, Sydney, Wellington and Singapore. Here at Roam, we strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better outcome for our customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of to deliver products that matter and have a positive impact on peoples’ lives.
We are now looking for an experienced Digital IT recruiter to join our growing P&C team, as part of the wider Operations Department at Roam.
Your new job
You're familiar with the good ol' competition for top talent in the IT industry. You creatively seek both active and passive candidates, building networks across NZ, Australia, Asia and abroad. You’ll be assigned to multiple departments in the business and will naturally build close relationships with Roam's leadership team to ensure you understand their teams' needs, the technicalities of each role and most importantly, the definition of a "Roamer".
You'll be responsible for:
- Proactively attracting and sourcing candidates in creative ways
- Managing up to 10-15 roles plus an active talent pipeline
- Developing networking strategies for talent on a global scale
- Candidate management from initial contact to start date (including some HR admin activities)
- Pipelining and keeping potential candidates in your pipeline ‘warm’
- Evangelising Roam's values and employer brand - it will be at the core of everything you do - promoting it, marketing it and living it every day.
What you know
- You are highly specialised in digital and IT recruitment, particularly candidate searching.
- You understand technical roles and have a good understanding of programming languages and the different tech across the industry (e.g. web, mobile, design)
- You're confident at working autonomously with minimal guidance (but you're a team player at heart)
- You take initiative to build relationships within the business and seek the right people and info right down to the nitty gritty if necessary
- You can manage up to 15 different technical roles at one time across multiple countries
- You're comfortable working in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- You have experience using a broad range of talent sourcing channels to identify and contact relevant candidates
- You're confident at networking and connecting with new people/relevant candidates either virtually or face to face.
- You live and breathe the qualities of an Exceptional Roamer - you’re curious, passionate, honest, empathetic and pursue excellence everyday
- Awesome, handy location - only 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland
- Birthday leave and a bustling social calendar with plenty of fun events to be a part of
- Flexible working options to suit you
- Great exposure to the tech scene working with top talent in NZ - web devs, mobile devs, designers, testers, product managers - so much to see, so much to learn!
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and collaborative people. A combo that is hard to find and we have 100+ of them
- Collective learning culture, with loads of support at hand and structured development plans - we will help you grow
- Secondment and travel opportunities to our global offices including Singapore and Sydney
- Rewards and recognition programmes in place to highlight success
- Roam is an NZ and Australian Accredited employer