Auckland, New Zealand
September 07, 2022
Roam Digital is a full-service digital consultancy established in 2013. We design and develop award-winning digital products and offerings for enterprise clients across New Zealand, USA, Australia and Europe.
We are a diverse team of skilled, passionate and creative people working to solve unique problems for our clients. In late 2021, we were acquired by projekt202, which has given us the backing of an established global company with the stability to provide more opportunities than ever before.
Across every engagement, our focus is on providing high-quality solutions to facilitate success and growth for our clients. This emphasis on excellence is reflected in our culture, which is performance-driven and encourages collective learning and professional development, underpinned by diversity. We are proud of the diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities and ways of thinking represented by our Roamers, and believe it’s a key ingredient in creating the best digital experiences.
Your new job
Our cloud architects do it all, from crafting the right mix of components and services into a cloud solution, through to building, deploying, securing, monitoring and maintaining it, working within our discovery and delivery teams to establish a baseline of automated practices to streamline build and release processes. Our Architects are pragmatic, adaptable, and capable of much much more than what is written on the label.
What will you be doing?
- Working within a wider team of Cloud Architects, contributing to the overarching chapter initiatives, tooling, practices and processes
- Designing and building solutions within a project team
- Building, extending and maintaining our infrastructure templates/modules
- Supporting roam teams in designing and delivering new solutions to production
- Designing and building infrastructure for our clients covering availability, scalability, monitoring, security, performance etc
- Building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Managing access & permissions to cloud resources
What you know
- You are a Senior Cloud Engineer with experience designing and building cloud solutions - ideally in a client-facing consulting capacity
- You have extensive hands on experience with cloud technologies including AWS and/ or Azure, Google Cloud
- You have experience with EC2, ECS, Fargate, Kubernetes, Lambda, S3, API GW, VPC, Security Groups, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, IAM, AMI, Glue,
- Certifications for AWS are desired, but not required (you will receive opportunities to get certified)
- Hands on experience with IaC -> Terraform, CDK
- Programming Experience - At times we have to roll up our sleeves
- Scripting experience - Similar to above, but for things like CI/CD -> Shell, Bash, Python etc
- Experience with Linux servers
- Understanding on NoSQL, Relational and in-memory data stores
- Source control
- CI/CD tools
- Deployment tools/frameworks
- Awesome, handy location - only 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland
- Birthday leave and flexible working options to suit you
- Lots of variety - work on large- scale client projects across multiple industries
- Great exposure to the tech scene, working with top talent in NZ and AUS - web devs, mobile devs, designers, testers, product managers
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and collaborative people. A combo that is hard to find!
- Free LinkedIn Learning access for continued growth and development
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Secondment and travel opportunities to our offices in Aus, Singapore and the USA
- 4.5/5 star company rating on Glassdoor!