Senior Digital Product Designer
Auckland, New Zealand
September 06, 2021
Roam Digital is a full-service digital consultancy established in 2013. We design and develop award-winning digital products and offerings for enterprise clients across New Zealand, USA, Australia and Europe.
Across every engagement, our focus is on providing high-quality solutions to facilitate success and growth for our clients. This emphasis on excellence is reflected in our culture, which is performance-driven and encourages collective learning and professional development. We strive to have the right leadership in place to support and mentor individual contributors throughout the organisation, at every level of seniority.
Your new job
- Leading design projects from strategy to launch.
- Facilitating workshops and design sprints.
- Nurturing relationships and working closely with our clients, for some projects, on site with the client too.
- You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Letting users lead the way. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and problems.
- Working with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with dev, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Autonomy. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly producing multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
What you know
- You know how to work well with people and mentor a team of young designers that are thirsty for knowledge.
- You have 5-10 years of related experience designing at tech companies or digital agencies.
- You’re an effective communicator and facilitator. You have planned sprints and structured workshops to drive outcomes quickly and effectively.
- You have solid design skills. You’ve shipped products, and understand what it takes to create valuable, people-oriented experiences.
- You’re constantly sketching concepts, tweaking flows or refining designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You’re familiar with best practices but are just as comfortable challenging them.
- You have the ability to deliver high quality work, and care about the impact.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to refine your designs through user feedback, whether through hands-on user research, or designing options for A/B tests.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio.
- Awesome, handy location - only 2 minutes from Britomart, Downtown Auckland
- Birthday leave and a bustling social calendar with plenty of fun events to be a part of
- Flexible working options to suit you
- Great exposure to the tech scene working with top talent in NZ - web devs, mobile devs, designers, testers, product managers - so much to see, so much to learn!
- Working with genuinely awesome, ambitious and collaborative people. A combo that is hard to find and we have 100+ of them
- Collective learning culture, with loads of support at hand and structured development plans - we will help you grow
- Training budgets allocated for each of our departments which means we can help up skill you
- Secondment and travel opportunities to our global offices including Singapore and Sydney
- Remote working options available, just let us know if this sounds like you!
- Roam is an NZ and Australian Accredited employer